Thursday, July 11, 2013

Gero-Punk Project Guest Blog, and a great reader comment, too

Jenny Sasser, who is the head of the gerontology department at Marylhurst University in Portland, sent out a call for guest bloggers, which I answered. I've been wanting to become better acquainted with Jenny, and it seemed like a good way to start. My guest blog is titled "Something Got Ahold of Me!" It was published yesterday. In it, I talk about A New Wrinkle, our musical revue on aging--what inspired me to develop it, topics we cover, and songs in the revue. I was glad to share that on Jenny's blog, and look forward to further conversation and collaboration with Jenny and others who are involved in the field of aging and creativity in the Portland area.

I received a wonderful reader comment on my new book the other day from artist Diane Lea, who wrote,

"I have just finished your book and I am touched beyond words. I am in awe of your ability to transport the reader into your deepest intimate memories and experiences in a most eloquent but yet"comfortable" way. There is so much that is familiar and so much that touches me in places that are unknown. I am envious of your relationship with your father. I did not have that. I too often felt like a lost little girl. Then there is your spiritual journey, which sounds quite special. I'm still floundering in that area. Thank you for sharing the songs of your inner life. I feel like you have spoken directly to my soul and I am inspired to continue this most amazing exploration called aging."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment